Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 01, 2009

Hair Cut

I have said here many times that I just want "a little normal" in my life. Well, I feel it necessary to announce that I got a big dose of normal on Tuesday night and it was WONDERFUL. Kynsie and Braylen desperately needed hair cuts. Thus far I have cut Kynsie's hair because I feared her reaction to actually sitting in the chair at a salon. She absolutely FLIPS OUT when I brush her hair. It's so bad that we have to shut the windows because she screams so violently that we fear someone will call the police. It is seriously that bad-EVERY DAY. I use great conditioning shampoo and use spray detangler, and am VERY gentle. No matter. She SCREAMS! But her hair was getting SUPER tatty and you could see the uneven parts where what I cut was growing out. So we HAD to get her first real haircut.







When we got there I prepared the stylist by saying "she has autism, and will probably scream the whole time. I am sorry, but she desperately needs her hair cut". She looked at me uncertain that she was willing to endure a screamer, but guided us to a chair. As Kynsie willingly walked to the stall, I began to brace for the worst. I put her up in the chair on the booster and Miss Regina (stylist) put the cape around her neck-no screaming. I thought the chair and cape would do it-nope. I gave Kynsie her favorite book and a piece of fruit leather . Regina began spraying Kynsie's hair and COMBING it out- not a peep from Sis. She just read her book aloud and chomped on her 'special treat'. Then regina began cutting and Sis just sat there and let her spray, comb and cut without even a whimper. I wanted to SHOUT HALLELUJAH! It was so nice. Even neurotypical kids have trouble getting haircuts, but not our Sis. She did GREAT! I was so proud of her. Here are the before , during and after pics.

Before










During






















After














Braylen also got a haircut. Kyan were are still cutting at home because every time we have gone to a salon he has LOST his mind. We may try again soon. Here are Braylen's pictures.
Before


During








After



No comments: