Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

What's With The Music?

I thought I would give a brief explanation. I change the music a lot on our blog. Usually it conincides with my general feelings at the time. Sometimes I just throw in some favorites of mine. Right now, as you can probably tell, we are maxed out on stress, emotions, fatigue and worry. As a result, I want to surround myself with things that are comfortable--good friends, good food--comfort food like mashed potatoes & pot roast-guess what's for dinner?; and music that soothes the soul. Hymns for me hold a special place in my heart. My childhood was stable and peaceful, and I have great memories of church and the classic hymns are a sound track for a lot of my memories. As a result, the truth in their words and the peace of the familiar melodies bring me comfort in a situation that is incredibly uncomfortable. As I work, I usually have my blog open in a window so that I can listen to my playlist. I hope you enjoy these songs as much as I do. I also added a couple of songs by the Eagles and by Simon & Garfunkel, just because I like them :)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

is there a way to mute it to watch the videos?

have you ever tried pandora.com? you pick an artist or song that you like & it creates a station just for you & plays songs based on the one you pick. i play it while i'm at work sometimes.

Sunny said...

yes, you can mute it. just click the vertical 'equals' sign. that's the pause button. that way you can hear the videos.