Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 06, 2009

Time Magazine Exposes Financial Ties Between Medical Schools & Big Pharma

I think this is one of the biggest problems with American Health Care. Drug campanies are in bed with politicians, Medical Schools, the CDC, the AAP, and God only knows who else. It is nearly impossible for even the biggest Polyanna to believe that money doesn't talk. Are we really to accept that drug companies are doling out Millions to these schools and groups without any expectation of reciprocity? Do we really accept that Big Pharma is looking out for our well-being? I don't know about you, but I don't buy that for one second. If drug companies are so interested in the well-being of mankind, perhaps they should begin taking pay cuts so that drugs are not so expensive. I could go on this rant forever, but I need to be working. Just wanted to pass this article along.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1883449,00.html

No comments: