Thursday, March 26, 2009

Puke, Puke, and More Puke

How lovely is that title? Well, after a HORRIBLE spring break, we were very excited to get a break. Barbara took Kynsie Saturday for an overnight. Patty took Kyan, and that left Daddy & Me with Braylen. Everyone got some one on one time. Kyan and Si were treating to playgrounds and special toys. Braylen got to go to the zoo with Daddy and HE LOVED IT. Brandon will post pictures soon. That night, we took Braylen to the mall playground and souped him up on enzymes so he could have ice cream. We had a good time and were preparing for our other 2 kiddos to come home after church. Well, plans changed. At 4am, Braylen started vomiting almost constantly. We went to Children's Hospital E.R. at 10am and got him some meds. Poor thing threw up some more, and then the OTHER tummy troubles began. He was pitiful. Since he was so sick, Barb and Patty chose to keep K & K for one more night in hopes of avoiding extra sickness. 1 night eventually turned into 3 as we tried desperately to avoid spreading the illness. I stayed with Braylen and held him basically every minute of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Kynsie started vomiting at 5am Tuesday and then ended up with a pretty high fever. Braylen, however was better Tuesday. I held off sending him to school Wednesday though he seemed to be doing great. I kept Sis out too b/c although she was not vomiting, she had a fever. I had to work for 2 hours before Jessica came into the store to work, so I took the kiddos and made a pallet for them to rest on in the back room and turned on Baby Einstein. Braylen was miserable and I finally had to put him in my Ergo carrier because he wouldn't let me put him down. I was irritated thinking he was just being whiny. Well, we got to Kyan's school and I got him loaded in the car seat, and Braylen threw up everywhere. I stripped him down to his diaper, and put a cloth prefold on his chest to protect him from the seat belt. We were almost home, sitting at an intersection, and he started again. I just put the van in park and climbed back there to try to help him. It was so pitiful. :( So, needless to say, he is super pale and appears to have lost about a pound in the last few days. Kynsie is better today, no fever, but cranky as can be. I worry she will be vomiting again tomorrow. Kyan has not gotten sick yet, but I wonder how long our luck can hold out. No school for anyone tomorrow. Hopefully they will be better by Monday.

We will try to get some pictures up soon. I promise. Just wanted to let you know where we have been.

1 comment:

All About the Bailey's said...

I hope they all feel better soon. I know you have got to be tired.