Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tomorrow is a BIG day.

Tomorrow is the IEP meeting. This is where everyone and their grandma sits around a table to make goals and set placement i.e. where Kyan and Kynsie will go to school next year. As I think I mentioned the powers that be are not concerned with keeping them at the same school, so this is set to be an issue for sure. It appears that they are already circling the horses and gearing up for a fight, so it is natural that I am feeling the need to prepare. I am dotting my I's and crossing my T's and yet I feel it is not enough. As a parent, you just can not be all that your child needs when he/she or both has special needs. I can't tell you enough how powerless it makes me feel. I have fought for them since they were in my belly, and I don't intend to stop today, but just once I'd like not to have to fight so freaking hard, and I DONT think that is too much to ask.

I will sit down and be rational and calm and professional, but what I really want to do is sit down and SCREAM "DO YOUR FREAKING JOB! BE THE PEOPLE YOU PROMISED YOURSELF YOU WOULD BE WHEN YOU GOT INTO THIS FIELD! DO WHAT IS BEST FOR MY CHILDREN, NOT WHAT IS LEGALLY ENOUGH!" and a few other choice words that I won't publish at this time. Hopefully those words will remain tucked away at least until tattle tale can read them and pass them along. Hopefully he/she will at least have the decency to let me get through the meeting tomorrow. If not, I stand by anything I have said on this blgo, so I am not terribly concerned. Just makes me mad. I digress.

Please say a prayer for us. This meeting begins at 7:30 am. Just pray we get the best for them. That's all I am asking. thanks.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Hugs and prayers :)

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Will be praying for you guys! Ours is next week... SOOO looking forward to it. NOT!