Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Mom Near You...

I know that Mother's Day is gone, but that is sort of the reason I am posting. I received the nicest card in the mail Monday from someone I've met only once. She is a young mother of an infant, and I'm sure she has her hands and time full. But this person took the time to buy me a Mother's day card and write a personal note. I was blown away. How thoughtful. How encouraging. How...nice. I'm sure you know someone who is a Mom. I'll let you in on a secret, we all have moments when we are very, very afraid that we are doing it all wrong. I'm not begging for compliments here, so please don't misread my intention. I want to encourage you to tell a great Mom that you know that she is doing a good job. Motherhood is hard like that. When I was in the working world there were very basic ways to tell if I was doing a good job...People came to C-N events, they called me back or allowed me to visit them, people gave money, my boss was happy, etc. It's a great little system. As a Mom, what is the measuring stick? And are we ever satisfied that we've done enough?

I guarantee that any mother you talk to could tell you a list of things she wishes she had done differently. Less TV, more music lessons, more chapter books, fewer happy meals, and list goes on and on. So, now that Mother's Day is gone, and it doesn't feel so cliche, tell somebody how great they are. I assure they'll love to hear it. Everybody needs a boost sometimes.

Oh--and I am going to post more pictures soon. My friend Mindy took some BEAUTIFUL photos. I'll post them soon. Just keeping you in suspense. :)

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I actually did just that today. :)

Freddy T. Wyatt said...

Sunny and Brandon!!! Oh my gosh, you had triplets! Months back, I landed on ya'll blog from Stephen Cav's and I was in the computer lab at the seminary. Well the first thing that popped was the picture of Sunny's belly...i freaked out...thinking I was seeing something I shouldn't be and clicked out of it...it was hilarious. Congrats! a big huge happy late mother's day and early father's day to a mother and father of 3 oh my! So Susan (my wife) and I are about 7 weeks along. For a while we did not know if we would be able to have kids. During that time, I prayed we'd have 3! (you two either think that is a wonderful prayer or an idiotic prayer - either way, you two know). Susan agreed with the prayer. Anyways, we conceived while on Chlomid which increases your chances for multiples a bit. So, based on our prayer and the good ole chlomid, I am playfully assuming we are having 3 until we know otherwise. We are letting people offer guesses as to what we'll have and suggest names. Do you mind, if I point people over to your blog to actually see a family who's pulling off the miracle of 3? They are precious..by the way!

Sunny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sunny said...

Freddy T,
Congrats! We actually found out at 7 weeks that there were 3. Have Susan email if she wants. We can talk about test levels and all that. Sometimes there is an indicator based on progesterone levels.
We tried Clomid and it didnt work for us. It has a higher rate of multiples than what I took. I had a less than 1% chance of multiples...so maybe that is encouraging for you. Clomid percentages are much higher! :) Lots of my friends have a trio thanks to clomid. I think triplets are wonderful. The pregnancy is hard and risky for Susan, so you want to become VERY educated about triplet pregnacies if it happens. But we are thrilled with our 3. Feel free to send people our to our blog. Let me know when you find out how many munchkins are in there.

Freddy T. Wyatt said...

Wow! Cool, what is your email address? I'll pass that along to Susan so you can educate us! Praise God, even with the risk He gave you three wonderful healthy babies and healthy Mom I'm assuming.