Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 17, 2005

ramblings of a sleep deprived man...

please forgive me if some of this doesn't make sense. i am sleep deprived!! well, it is 10:30 pm on saturday night and we just got the kiddos fed and put to bed. they are doing well and are starting to sleep 4 hrs in between feedings and not 3. that is a GOOD thing!!! i am now watching the Denver Broncos (GO Broncos...plug for Andrew) and Buffalo Bills on ESPN. this is something that isn't done much anymore. it seems like once we get all kids fed and put to be, it is time to do it all over again, but now that they are starting to sleep more...ahhhhhhhh.

they are all growing and are now around 6lbs a piece! they will be 6 weeks old tomorrow and i am beginning to see that my dad was right when he said that time flies by. i was talking to him the other day and he said "hug them all now, because before long they'll be 15 and wanting to by "the greatest truck ever" (that was my statement to him whenn i bought my Toyota that I had). It is now, when i look at my children and remember things that my dad has told me through my yeats that I realize what a brilliant man my dad is.

it has been a wild couple of days. feeding and sleeping, feeding and sleeping. i tell you what, when you get up at 2 in the morning, nothing wakes you up faster than catching a wiff of fresh poop!! i mean, these kids can poop all over themselves. i changed Braylen today and there was poop everywhere. it was covering EVERYTHING. it took five minutes to clean him up and just when i was about to get a clean diaper on him--he wizzed on me, him, the changing table, and door knob! what fun.

well, i'm going to get ready for bed and so i'll keep everyone updated later...

1 comment:

dangermama said...

ah, the joys of changing a boy... we learned quickly to place a bath rag over certain areas when we changed Gabe... :)

glad you are getting a little bit of rest anyway